From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 03/25/2014 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: DSPDBR question

On 25-Mar-2014 09:46 -0700, broehmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Cyndi Bradberry on 03/25/2014 11:32 AM wrote:

We have a file with a logical with no library associated with it on
the DSPDBR command. <<SNIP>>

Try running RCLDBXREF *CHECK

That would have no effect on the issue. And likely the noted
condition would not have been noticed by the DBXREF, so the System
Database Cross-Reference would not know to diagnose an error [for that
condition].

Seem to recall someone having this issue years ago and this fixed it
when he/she ran same with *FIX.

Either of the RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF) or RCLDBXREF *FIX have the
potential to correct interrupted work that might be manifest as a file
with no library appearing in the Display Database Relations output.
However that is more a side effect than an explicit recovery; i.e. both
requests [I think they are the same in this respect] will perform
database recovery. The RCLSTG SELECT(*ALL) would be an explicit request
to recover the condition, and would suffice whether or not the logical
file without a library name had been pending recovery; i.e. the
correction would be a direct effect vs a side effect.