Jeff,

Your's was the case when I first arrived here, and I changed it because;

1) Too many message on QSYSOPR to find the really important messages, even
though they may not need an answer.
2) We auto answer operator message on some printers/writers. For paper out
and jams, the auto answer keeps retrying until the operator fixes the
problem, then they don't have to find the correct message and answer it.
Had too many answering wrong or answering for the wrong printer.

One thing we found is that the message queue would fill up and halt some
jobs. We have a job that runs 45 times a day that, in part, clears
answered messages from message que ALLWTRMSG.

HTH,

Jim Essinger
Western Power Sports
Boise, ID