I changed our systems to PDT on Sunday.

The current system settings are:

System value . . . . . : QUTCOFFSET
Description . . . . . : Coordinated universal time offset

Offset . . . . . . . . : -07:00 -24:00 to +24:00

System value . . . . . : QTIMZON
Description . . . . . : Time zone

Time zone . . . . . . : QN0800PST2 Name

Associated settings:
Offset . . . . . : -07:00
Full name . . . : Pacific Daylight Time
Abbreviated name : PDT

3/11/14 12:59:29 S02 Display Time Zone Time - TAA
Time zone abbrev - PST
Time zone text - Pacific Daylight Time
Time zone - QN0800PST2
DST allowed - *YES
DST active - *YES
Offset from GMT - 420- in minutes
Date - 03/11/14
Day of week - TUE
Time - 12:59:29

I noticed something interesting when sending e-mail to our Exchange Server… Mail is being delivered with a sent time of 1 hour earlier than the actual time.

At first I thought this was IBMi system related. However, when I use the SNDDST system command to send an e-mail, it arrives in my Exchange e-mail inbox with the correct “sent time”:

SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET((Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)<mailto:Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)>) DSTD('Testing 1 2 3') LONGMSG('This is a test using SNDDST')

Here are the Internet Headers associated with this SNDDST e-mail.