From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Wood
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Temporary tape errors

Jeff,

On two different aged 520's, both with 6384 QIC internal drives, lifetime
reports:

V5R4
Volume ---Temporary Errors--- --------M Bytes--------
ID Read Write Read Written
******** 1 0 1 1
15 0 1 1
SAVSYS 113 159244 1 41028
IBMIRD 358 2221075 222 718707

V7R1
Volume ---Temporary Errors--- --------M Bytes--------
ID Read Write Read Written
0 100 1 1
BACKUP 34 265772 1 62356
SAVSYS 238 434215 1 348448
CUWCD1 0 2550 1 27035
FIN 0 108 1 1714
#SAVE 9 50972 1386 866727
BDATA2 0 0 1 9580
FDATA 0 0 1 9515
FULSAV 0 0 1 23446

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Jeff Crosby
<jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Thanks Scott. I hope other chime in.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Scott Mildenberger <