From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of franz400
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: appliance and cloud backup

Richard,

In the insurance industry, claim benefits can often be lifetime (dependent
upon type of claim, state/federal laws, and legal actions like the asbestos
claims still being litigated). We have claims decades old, and still
receiving benefits. We have the optical juke box for many platters plus a
large amount in IFS. CM supports both individual images in their directories

or virtual optical (which looks like an optical juke box and platter to the
system). The virtual optical is much more efficient because it is one object

to save, but has thousands of images in it, versus saving thousands of
individual images.
The san option is desirable, but there is an investment over and above the
disk drives to get there, and then add the DR/HA & backup of that.
We've looked at WebDocs and other options, but then that gets into the
already existing workflow app, which is extensive.
Jim Franz