From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:24 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: MPG RAID 6 performance (was: Hard drive failures)

I'd rethink that RAID-6 with the types of controller cards you have.
My guess is I/O is going to be problematic. As part of that decision
make
sure
you do some real accurate forecasting of disk performance. New higher
end controllers on the P7+ no problem with RAID-6, I have several
customers
running it without so much as a whisper. Your business partner ( or many
of us on the list ) can do that work with the software from MPG.

You mean Performance Navigator? I have that. Since install of the 520. I
seldom use it because we have no performance issues whatsoever. I wouldn't
know where to begin on the What if . . .

--
Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems

company. Unless I say so.