Yup. Got it. Thank you. :)

________________________________
From: "rob@xxxxxxxxx" <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: Data Transfer from i series to excel file or display give hexadecimal values fro date

First of all, is this a real date field, a character field or a numeric
field?
Often the reasons character fields come across as hex is because there's
an option to translate data with a 65535 CCSID you will probably need to
turn on.  Hunt around for that. This is a default CCSID that many of us
stopped using years ago.  Us lily white boys here in the states often use
a CCSID of 37.  If you are dealing with multiple languages you may use
something different.