A simple character transposition ...

pgm parm(&inparm)
dcl &inparm *char 10
DCL &UPPER *CHAR 36 '0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'
DCL &LOWER *CHAR 36 '0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'
dcl &sst1 *DEC (2 0) value(1) /* exclude first character */
dcl &sst2 *DEC (2 0) value(0)

A010: chgvar &sst1 (&sst1 + 1)
if (&sst1 *le 10) +
then(do)
chgvar &sst2 0
A020: chgvar &sst2 (&sst2 + 1)
if (&sst2 *le 36) +
then(do)
if (%sst(&inparm &sst1 1) *eq %sst(&upper &sst2
1)) +
then(do)
chgvar %sst(&inparm &sst1 1) %sst(&lower
&sst2 1)
goto a010
enddo
goto a020
enddo
goto a010
enddo

I've coded this without the help of the cl syntax checker so there are
probably a couple of whoopsies ...