From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:51 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Trying to start host servers on a box. Getting errors.

On 2/11/14 4:12 PM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:
This is one of those where the messages for the routes do not make a
difference. When these servers start, part of the process is to be
sure all of the needed entries are there so this happens all the time.
When I just did it on my V7 box the same messages were displayed,
except for the " Error occurred starting server daemon job" that is after
route 200 and before 600.
Those two messages are most likely the salient ones.

Can you show the 2nd level text for them? Which daemons did not start?

Thanks.
Message ID . . . . . . : PWS3005
Date sent . . . . . . : 02/11/14 Time sent . . . . . . :
15:11:00

Message . . . . : Error occurred starting server daemon job.

Cause . . . . . : An error has occurred starting the *FILE server daemon
job.
Recovery . . . : See messages listed previously. Determine the cause
of
the error, correct the problem and run the command again.
and
Message ID . . . . . . : PWS3005
Date sent . . . . . . : 02/11/14 Time sent . . . . . . :
15:11:01

Message . . . . : Error occurred starting server daemon job.

Cause . . . . . : An error has occurred starting the *DATABASE server
daemon
job.
Recovery . . . : See messages listed previously. Determine the cause
of
the error, correct the problem and run the command again.

No joblogs were produced. The above certainly explains why a JDBC connection
couldn't be established, but I haven't a clue what to do about it.

The only port restrictions on the system are on ports 137-139. They couldn't
have anything to do with this, could they?

--
JHHL