Gary,

Peacock had it wrong also.

"thick" vs "thin" client applies to the application software, not the
supporting infrastructure such as a browser.

So, a green-screen app is "no client at all".

A web app is "thick client" if lots of the app functionality is implemented
in javascript and runs in the browser.
For example, an EmberJS web app is "thick".
A pure PHP app (which only emits HTML) is "no client", as all the app code
is on the server.
A web app, with a bit of jQuery, which only does presentation, and no
processing/validation is "thin".
A VB app, can be "thin", or "thick".

etc.