A trust list is like saying "use only these CAs instead of every one in
the*SYSTEM store".

No big deal either way, they just need to be used correctly. There may be
good reason to use a trust list, but probably few and far between.

It also seems similar to creating your own certificate store, assigning
your application to that certificate store, and only storing CAs used by
that application in that store (except that if it's empty it doesn't
automatically go back to use the *SYSTEM store.).

Brad
www.bvstools.com