Hi, again, Paul:

For now, you could "work around" (circumvent) this apparent lack of support by coding the CPYTOIMPF command to run via QCMDEXC, as follows:

DCL &CMD *CHAR 3000
DCL &CMDLEN *DEC LEN(15 5) VALUE(3000)
CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) VALUE('CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(*LIBL/ME5PHY01) TOSTMF(''' +
|| &IFSFILE <| ''') +
MBROPT(*REPLACE) FROMCCSID(37) +
STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) STMFAUT(*INDIR) +
RCDDLM(*CRLF) DTAFMT(*DLM) STRDLM(*NONE) +
RMVBLANK(*NONE) FLDDLM(*TAB) +
ORDERBY(*ARRIVAL)')
CALL PGM(QSYS/QCMDEXC) PARM(&CMD &CMDLEN)

As long as the target systems running V6R1 and V7R1 have the needed PTFs installed, this will work (at runtime).

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 12/26/2013 10:26 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
Mark,

I found IBM doc N1015157, CPYTOIMPF and Record Order, states that the order by was added by PTFs for both V7R1 and V6R1.
The latest V7R1 PTF is SI50479.
Does this mean if IBM changes functionality with additional parameters, via PTFs, Target Release *PRV will not work.

SQL does not guarantee the order in which records are returned unless an ORDER BY clause is specified. The CPYTOIMPF command uses SQL under the covers (with no ORDER BY). Therefore, the order of the records in the destination file was not guaranteed. This is still true for release V5R4 and prior releases.

At V6R1 and V7R1, the CPYTOIMPF has been enhanced by PTFs with a new option ORDERBY:

CPYTOIMPF ORDERBY(*NONE)
CPYTOIMPF ORDERBY(*ARRIVAL)
CPYTOIMPF ORDERBY(Col1, Col2)

This enhancement needs to apply those PTFs, or their superseding PTFs:

R610: SI44866 (APAR: SE48718)
R710: SI44871 (APAR: SE49612)

Extract from the cover letters of those two PTFs:

CPYTOIMPF will allow the user to add a new parameter, Order By
which will order the records being exported. The Order By
parameter will support any valid SQL order by clause and the
records will be exported into the to file in the order requested
by the parameter. This fix includes a new version of the
CPYTOIMPF command which includes the new parameter.