Completed all this maintenance last night, all PTFs applied, firmware activated,
I did have one small unexpected issue.
We were doing some authority fixes, service jobs in QSYSWRK causing locks.
Signed on the console, ENDSBS *ALL *IMMED.
That got rid of all the locks, authority changes completed.
A BRMS system save was submitted to run in QCTL
STRBKUBRM CTLGRP(SAVSYS05) SBMJOB(*CTLSBS) APPEND(*YES) OMITS(*IGNORE)
Signed off the console, QCTL ended, SYSSAV did not start SRC A9003C60
Normally we SRC code during a SYSSAV is SRC A9003C70.
The SRC code was so similar, didn't realize it was different.
Once I realized the save was not running, my only recovering was to force down the LPAR from the HMC, and reboot.
Once completed the save SYSSAV did start.
Reviewing the logs this morning, forcing down the LPAR did result in some damaged objects on the IPL
However, objects were not identified in the message
Could I have recovered with less issues?

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF7001
Date sent . . . . . . : 12/17/13 Time sent . . . . . . : 01:07:54

Message . . . . : Damage was detected but has been ignored.

Cause . . . . . : Damage was detected during the requested operation.
However, the operation was completed.
Recovery . . . : Look at the job log (DSPJOBLOG command) for the messages
that identify the cause of the damage.