You need to create the request from DCM on your i.

I've not tried to import a server certificate that wasn't requested from
the machine itself. DCM, if I recall, expects you to match the request
with the new certificate.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Porterfield, Sean <
SPorterfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For your purposes, I would say yes. There are multiple formats in use for
certificate files, but DCM should be able to read the .crt files you got.
You may need to do some extra work, though. Having used a PC program to
create the request, you will likely need to get the private key onto the
IBM i along with the CLIENTS.XETXW.COM.crt and any CA files required for
the trust chain. I have only used DCM with self-signed certificates
created on the system, so I can't say exactly what it will need. The
requirements and logic are cross platform, though - you need a private key
to decrypt the server key. Without that requirement, anyone would be able
to use your certificate and pretend to be your site.
--
Sean Porterfield
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
on behalf of tim.dclinc@xxxxxxxxx [tim.dclinc@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2013 00:15
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: setting up SSL on CGIDEV website

I have a question regarding certificate files i generated and received.

i used an ibm pc program "create new key and certificate request to
generate a list of files:

certreq.arm
key.kdb
key.rdb

these files where given to network solutions by our networking guy. They
provided the following files back:

AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt
CLIENTS.XETXW.COM.crt
NetworkSolutions_CA.crt
UTNAddTrustServer_CA.crt

I read your documentation, but dont see any reference to .crt files. I
do see a reference to .cer files. Are they the same?

Thanks in advance.

the network guy provided me with a bunch of files ending in .crt.