Hi, James:

Someone at that shop has apparently changed the default for INLLIBL on the SBMJOB command, because the IBM-supplied default is *CURRENT ... =-O (See also the defaults for SYSLIBL and CURLIB on the SBMJOB command.) Some shops choose to do this to be more compatible with System/38 CPF. :-\

That would definitely "mess with" your results, in just the way you describe.

As Jim Franz suggested, you could try compiling interactively.

My preferences for the PDM defaults are:

Object library . . . . . . . *CURLIB
Replace object . . . . . . . Y

Or, if you are authorized to issue CHGSYSLIBL, you could create your own copy of the SBMJOB command in your library, change the default for INLLIBL back to *CURRENT in your copy of the SBMJOB command, then issue:

CHGSYSLIBL yourlib *ADD

when you first sign-on, then when you use PDM options that submit to batch, they will use your SBMJOB command.

Hope that helps,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 12/9/2013 8:49 PM, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
Two strange things seem to be happening when I compile on a customer box
(big surprise: it's the same customer with the inexplicable Tomcat
behavior in my thread on the Java list):

1. The <censored> <censored> there has got me connected to a started
printer, wasting their paper, and depriving me of access to my
compilation listings, and I'm having trouble changing my user profile to
put a permanent end to that.

2. For some reason, batch compilation out of PDM is NOT propagating my
library list into the compilation job, and I can't figure out why.

Help? Anybody?

--
JHHL