So write an RPG stub, put the SQL in it and test it there!

;-)

-sjl

"J Franz" wrote in message news:mailman.1293.1386105360.2717.midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx...

Trying to debug a sql statement (normally executed in a c# client using OLEDB connection),
but I copied into STRSQL and also tried iNav.
SQL insert statement, and over a hundred columns - rcv a sql0420 about invalid characters in cast...
but no mention of which column.
Joblog has same generic msg.
I was thinking sqlca data structure like I use in SQLRPGLE might show what I need, but cannot see how to specify & view in either STRSQL screen or iNav Run SQL Statements.
Jim Franz