Well that's an official IBM distribution method Just the same as getting
PTFs.

Be sure to use IMGBURN or something that will deal with I_BASE_01 being in
udf format.

I;m pretty sure you can also order the media in the same place (when you
specify delivery method for your software download order)

I'm not sure why you asked about avoiding the BP if you didn't really want
the answer.