From: Evan Harris [mailto:auctionitis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:57 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Fibre Channel Tape Sharing on Guest Partition

Hi All

I am currently building a guest partition on a 720 and have been asked if it is possible to share the fibre channel attached tape library somehow with the guest. The hosting hardware only has a single fibre channel card, at this point in time.

I know that the baked in tape virtualisation will share tape drives but not libraries over virtual scsi so I am not expecting the library to show up there (but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it did...)

Apart from moving the card between partitions as required is there any other way of sharing or virtualising the fibre channel connected library to the guest using the existing hardware ?

In case it mattes the card is a two port 8 Gigabit card feature code 577D.
Both Guest and host partitions are running V7R1 TR7.

If the answer is just to get another card please feel free to point this out.

Thanks

--

Regards
Evan Harris

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.