Rob,

Custom Card Identification Number (CCIN) 574F is an auxiliary-write cache
IOA that provides 1.5 GB of (compressed) auxiliary-write cache when paired
with a RAID disk controllers.

- The 574F auxiliary-write cache IOA can be used with the 5738, 5777,
2780, 2757, disk controllers.
- The 574F can be used as a replacement IOA for the 5708 auxiliary-write
cache IOA.
- The 0641 includes a direct attach 2780 Peripheral Component
Interconnect-X (PCI-X) Ultra4 RAID Disk Controller and a CCIN 574F
auxiliary-write cache IOA.
- The 0649 includes a direct attach 5738 PCI-X Quad-Channel Ultra320
SCSI RAID Adapter and a CCIN 574F auxiliary-write cache IOA
- The 5582 includes an IOP-based 5738 PCI-X Quad-Channel Ultra320 SCSI
RAID Adapter and a CCIN 574F auxiliary-write cache IOA.
- The 5583 includes an IOPless, 5777 PCI-X Quad-Channel Ultra320 SCSI
RAID Adapter and a CCIN 574F auxiliary-write cache IOA
- The 5590 includes a 2780 PCI-X Ultra4 RAID Disk Controller and a CCIN
574F auxiliary-write cache IOA.

The auxiliary-write cache IOA mirrors the write cache of the
disk-controller IOA to which it is connected. If a failure occurs to the
write cache of the disk-controller, the auxiliary-write cache IOA provides
a backup copy during the recovery of the failed IOA.

The disk controller IOA and the secondary, auxiliary-write cache IOA each
require one PCI-X slot and must be installed together in the same
enclosure. The disk controller IOA and the auxiliary-write cache IOA are
connected by a SCSI cable (provided). The connecting SCSI cable is attached
to SCSI bus port 3 of the disk controller IOA, reducing the number of SCSI
buses that support disk drives from four to three. The reduction of SCSI
buses can also reduce the number of disk drives supported by the disk
controller, depending on the enclosure in which the disk controller is
installed. No disk drives are driven by the auxiliary-write cache IOA.

That was exactly the case i meant. The 574F is the aux cache card that
mirrors the 571E's cache (in some cases RAID cannot be enabled if the aux
cache card is not installed).

Back to your 0595,
If it's connected, don't you see the disks on the LPAR? maybe they are IBM
i disks? (remember the 522 vs 512 byte per sector issue)

Best Regards,