From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pat Barber
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: AFP/IPDS laser printers

Fairly easy "not" using a IPDS printer.

After installing AFP print driver on your PC.
Install 5770TS1 on your machine.

1. Create Overlay using Draw.(Open Office) 2. Print Overlay using AFP printer from above
That will create a file that needs to be converted.
3. Using Navigator open AFP Manager
4. Open import overlay using the file created in step 2.
5. You now have a overlay on the machine ready to be used
with your print program.
6. You can go directly to a PDF using ovrprtf.

I prefer Lexmark printers and there are many that will meet your needs.

It sounds more complicated than it really is.