Jeff,

I know you journal your files.
And every hour you change your receivers and send them offsite as an
hourly backup.
Yes I would use the receivers. We have nailed it down quite well. I can
see before/after shots of the records. I know EVERYTHING about the
change:
Object . . . . . . . : IIM
Library . . . . . : ERPLXF
Member . . . . . . : IIM
Type . . . . . . . : *QDDS
Date . . . . . . . . : 10/31/13
Time . . . . . . . . : 05:39:36
Flag . . . . . . . . : 1
Count/RRN . . . . . : 126616
Commit cycle ID . . : 0
Nested commit level : 0
Job . . . . . . . . : 505600/HHURT/HHURTS2
User profile . . . . : HHURT
Program . . . . . . : INV500B1
Library . . . . . : *OMITTED
ASP device . . . . : *OMITTED
System sequence . . : 0
Thread identifier . : *OMITTED
Receiver . . . . . . : ALLRCV4843
Library . . . . . : #MXJRN
ASP device . . . . : *SYSBAS
Journal identifier . : X'EBE0000AEBD3564FF8F9'
Remote address . . . : *OMITTED
Address family . . . : *OMITTED
Remote port . . . . : 0
System name . . . . : GDIHQ
Arm number . . . . . : 46
Logical unit of work : *OMITTED
Transaction ID . . . : *OMITTED

We keep our journal receivers for 70 days. Granted, it can be
SIGNIFICANT. Our main ERP data library only takes up 2% of disk but our
receivers take up over 20%. But that's our choice. We are constantly
looking at the receivers for the very reason that you want to.
% of Size in
Library Owner Disk 1000 bytes
#MXJRN MIMIXOWN 20.80 1639563120.6
ERPLXF SSA 2.87 226040320.0
QGPL QSYS 1.83 144634241.0
ERPLXFBK DARREN 1.41 111267233.8
GDIDIVF08 SSA 1.20 94466334.7
MONAM SSA 1.19 93964439.6

I think DBU has a journal receiver browser.