The underlying transport mechanism is IBM Remote Journals. When I was looking this morning there was a lot of data being moved. The target machine is 520 running nothing but Mimix. I don't see any issues with disk or CPU usage, but I will look again tomorrow morning.

So do I deduce that the Window size is kind of like a buffer where TCP assembles and de-assembles packets? 262144 is 256K and isn't a typical IP packet 1492 or there about?

Maybe RJ loads up journal records until it gets as close to 256K as it can, then sends them out? But I'm still not understanding why I'm seeing 1 transmission per second when heavily loaded.

Appreciate your input. I've stayed as far as possible from communications as I can for all my career--I'd rather be programming.

Sam