From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:07:51 PM
Subject: Re: replicate PROD iseries box to distant TEST box cross-country

On 10 Oct 2013 21:26, Vikhyath Kamath wrote:
I thought we could do SAVE while active to Save files!!

  Saves to a save file are limited to one /library/ object.  Thus
"saving to save files won't allow" saving "more than one" library.  And
that is irrespective the Save active (SAVACT) specification on the save
command.

Also, doesn't the SAVRSTOBJ needs SNA setup?

  Yes.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzarm/rzarmobjcht.htm
_i ObjectConnect function i_
"...
To use the ObjectConnect functions, you must have ObjectConnect
installed on both the source and target systems. The systems must be
connected with one of the following methods:

    * Local area network (LAN) or remote communications line with
Advanced Program-to-Program Communication (APPC) and Advanced
Peer-to-Peer Networking (APPN*).
    * LAN or remote communications line with Transmission Control
Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) with AnyNet* or Enterprise Extender
support.
    * Fiber optic bus with OptiConnect.
..."

  Enterprise Extender [or AnyNet] would enable that capability over TCP/IP.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzajt/rzajtentext.htm
_Configuring Enterprise Extender communications for the iSeries system_
"Enterprise Extender is a networking architecture that allows Systems
Network Architecture (SNA) applications to run over IP networks using
High Performance Routing (HPR).

Enterprise Extender is the preferred way to run SNA applications over IP
networks with communications input/output adapters (IOAs), such as
Gigabit Ethernet, because these IOAs do not require an input/output
processor (IOP). Communications adapters that do not use an IOP do not
support SNA. Therefore, Enterprise Extender is required to run SNA over
these adapters. It is recommends that Enterprise Extender be used in
place of AnyNet®.
  ..."

Regards, Chuck