+1

i didn't go into SCM packages - used as David suggests is likely a best practice.

Still, there will be those that want a local comment about a change - and that can be the kind of thing you say, larry - the "important" ones.

As to order of changes in a comment header - I like that suggestion of most recent at the top - I think IBM does that in the include members in QSYSINC.

I do see places, though, that have a lot of code from a long time since that put the latest at the bottom - I suppose it is easier for treating it as a narrative.

Vern