On 20 Sep 2013 08:55, Stone, Joel wrote:
We are setting up a new LPAR and java is not set up correctly.

When I run the following command, it should return version info.
Instead it returns nothing.
(other more useful commands fail too but this one is simple to test)
Any ideas what needs tweaking?

JAVA CLASS(*version)
Ownership of object QP0ZTRML in QTEMP type *DTAQ changed.
Object QP0ZTRML type *DTAQ created in library QTEMP.
Java program run in job 241116/JSTONE/QJVACMDSRV completed.
Object QP0ZTRML in QTEMP type *DTAQ deleted.
Java program completed with exit code 1
<<SNIP>>

The first message after the command was issued [the ownership change] indicates IIRC that the user JSTONE is the member of a group, and that the group profile becomes the owner of the object. If the new LPAR is restored from another, and done improperly [e.g. failed to effect RSTAUT] then the required authorities may be missing for which group ownership and authorities may complicate matters. I would check for any T-AF entries in the audit journal [requires that auditing had been established prior to the failing request]. If no such log entries, or the error persists after correcting the authorization issues, I would review what had transpired in the job in which the /Java program/ had run, and any other spool files generated either in the job issuing the JAVA CL command or the other job. If nothing there, then I would look for VLogs.