From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Rowe
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: File size warning

Dave

I run a periodic sweep for files in this state, doing just as you suggest.
It's just a simple CL that runs over the output of a DSPFD TYPE(*MBR) and doubles the size of files that are close to being full. The DSPFD file (called FILESIZES) is refreshed every day for all physicals & logicals, so we can see if any files get too big.

(MOVDIAGMSG & RSNESCMSG came from Tom Liotta's site which doesn't appear to be up - code at http://www.dbg400.net/foswiki/bin/view/DBG400/CmdSource )

Regards, Martin

PGM PARM(&TARGETLIB)
DCL VAR(&TARGETLIB) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL VAR(&MORETOREAD) TYPE(*LGL) VALUE('1')
DCL VAR(&THRESHOLD) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(10 0)
DCL VAR(&NEWSIZE) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(10 0)
DCLF FILE(FILESIZES) RCDFMT(QWHFDMBR)
/*š**************************************************************************€*/
/*š GLOBAL MESSAGE MONITOR
€*/
/*š**************************************************************************€*/
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000 RPG0000 QRG0000 RSF0000 +
MCH0000) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(##ERROR))
GOTO CMDLBL(##NOERROR)
##ERROR:
MOVDIAGMSG
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
RSNESCMSG
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
RETURN
##NOERROR:
/*š**************************************************************************€*/
/*š START OF MAINLINE CODE
€*/
/*š**************************************************************************€*/

RCVF RCDFMT(QWHFDMBR)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(CHGVAR VAR(&MORETOREAD) VALUE('0'))
DOWHILE COND(&MORETOREAD)
/*Once all the records for the requested library are read quit program*/
IF COND(&MBLIB *GT &TARGETLIB) THEN(LEAVE)
/*šOnly interested in physical files for the requested library€*/
IF COND((&MBLIB *EQ &TARGETLIB) *AND (&MBFTYP *EQ 'P')) THEN(DO)
/*Only interested in files with the default (or more) record capacity€*/
IF COND(&MBRCDC *GE 10000) THEN(DO)
/*šAssume file is near capacity if a 10% increase would push it over capacity€*/
CHGVAR VAR(&THRESHOLD) VALUE((&MBNRCD + &MBNDTR) * 1.1)
IF COND(&THRESHOLD *GT &MBRCDC) THEN(DO)
/*Double the capacity of the file, if it's available*/
CHGVAR VAR(&NEWSIZE) VALUE(&MBRCDC * 2)
ALCOBJ OBJ((&MBLIB/&MBFILE *FILE *EXCL)) WAIT(1)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF1002) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(READNEXT))
CHGPF FILE(&MBLIB/&MBFILE) SIZE(&NEWSIZE)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)
DLCOBJ OBJ((&MBLIB/&MBFILE *FILE *EXCL))
ENDDO
ENDDO
ENDDO
READNEXT:
RCVF RCDFMT(QWHFDMBR)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(CHGVAR VAR(&MORETOREAD) VALUE('0'))
ENDDO
ENDPGM:
RETURN
ENDPGM