Hi, Thomas:

Any OPM MI program can create space objects -- they might show up with a type of "*SPC" or "*SP" ... they may or may not have a visible object "attribute" -- also, the object names at the MI layer are 30 characters long -- OS/400 traditionally only makes available 10 character object names to the users of OS/400 ... but below OS/400, at the MI layer, the names are in fact 30 characters. So, an OS/400 library name (called a "context" in MI) could be up to 30 characters, and the object names inserted into the context can each be up to 30 characters. I suspect that if you see more than one of these "PRESSURELO" names, they are in fact longer than 10 characters, and if you can see the entire name, you may see that they are different in positions 11-30. One way to see them is to do a DMPOBJ xxxxxxxxxx *LIB and then examine the QPSRVDMP spool file.

You can also dump one of these objects, e.g. using DMPSYSOBJ, once you know the full object type, object subtype, and 30-character object name (from the above dump of the context.) The resulting spool file should tell you more about these objects, such as when they were created, by what job, etc., as well as their size and a "dump" of the contents of the space.

Note also that these may or may not have been created by IBM -- they could have been created by any MI program, or even a program written in an ILE language (C, COBOL or RPG IV) that can invoke MI instructions "in-line".

I hope this helps you to figure out what they are or where they came from ...

Let us know what you find out.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 9/13/2013 4:41 PM, Thomas Garvey wrote:
While backing up a library, we found that several objects won't be saved.
There are multiple occurrences of the same object name (PRESSURELO), with
object type *SP, in the library.
Can't find any references to this object type anywhere. At first I thought
they might be related to stored procedures, but my experience with these
have always been program or service program objects.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Thomas Garvey