Due to some miscommunication, of which a good part lays at my feet, I am
trying to figure out how to hook up a 5886 that was shipped to me. I've
discovered that I cannot daisy chain it off of my existing 5886 since the
existing one is hooked up to the CEC on my 8203-E4A. Looks like I will
need a new card(s). The vendor quickly suggested a 5901. I looked that
up and it doesn't look like it has any cache and doesn't support raid. I
suspect the vendor fancies themself a speed reader and noticed the 3 slots
on the CEC and ignored the rest and found a card that should fit.

Multi partition system.
Slots available include:
0588: slots 5, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15
0595(1): slots 8
0595(2): slots 3, 4, 7, 8,
0595(3): slots 2, 3, 4, 8 ( slot 1 is a raid controller used by a Linux
lpar)
U789C: slots 1, 2, 3

Other lpars in this box are using combos like 572F/575C (CEC slots 4+5) or
571E/574F (0595 slots 1+2)

We are looking at replacing this whole rack with Power 7 hardware 4Q or
1Q.

Any suggestions?