Yea, changing to 27X132 is what we'll do. What I hoped IBM would tell me is a way to NOT create 3197's...somehow force the great iSeries to create a 3179/3477 instead of a 3197.

-----Original Message-----
From: rob <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 12:51 pm
Subject: Re: IWS4032 STRPCO can only be run from a programmable workstation

wow, amazingly enough I could use telnet to another system, then STRPCO
nd then STRPCCMD and it worked. I didn't think it would work on a target
ystem, (like how would it know what PC to execute the command on?), but
t does. The first trick I had was to use a regular IBM i Access for
indows session - the Java client just kinda acts like it's working but
othing ever happens.
f I started from a 3179m2 24x80 then it worked. (IBM i 7.1)
ut, if I ran this command
ELNET RMTSYS(GDISYS2) RMTVRTDSP(QPADEV0006)
nd QPADEV0006 happened to be a 3197 then I got the
WS4032 - STRPCO can only be run from a programmable workstation.
rror
You could try deleting all of your existing 3197 devices. Do another
assthru. If the device creates as something other than a 3197 (like a
179) then you could be ok. If it still creates a 3197 then go back to
he original suggestion and change the client on the PC to 27x132 versus
4x80.

ob Berendt
-
BM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1
roup Dekko
ept 1600
ail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738