On 31 Aug 2013 06:52, Charles Wilt wrote:
How can I clean up PTF's downloaded via fix central directly to
*SERVICE?

I canceled the download in the middle as it was taking way too long
and am downloading images instead...

As I recall, those fixes would be in the form of PTF save files [fix save files]; i.e. as with Send PTF Order (SNDPTFORD). If so, then the two doc links included below are probably of interest. If not, then very little of the remaining text would be relevant.

FWiW, for a similar issue, I had sometimes just used a PDM option to effect the DLTPTF from a list provided by a variant of WRKOBJPDM QGPL *ALL *FILE OBJATR(SAVF); newer releases IIRC had added more generic capabilities to the parameters of Delete Program Temporary Fix (DLTPTF), to avoid customizing the option or creating additional PDM options. The /same/ list of files could generated by a request to either DSPFD FILE(QGPL/*ALL) TYPE(*ATR) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) FILEATR(*SAVF) OUTFILE(QTEMP/FDATRSAVF) or DSPFD FILE(QGPL/*ALL) TYPE(*BASATR) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) FILEATR(*SAVF) OUTFILE(QTEMP/FDBASSAVF) and then some means to process that list of rows could be applied; e.g. RCVF in a CLP or a SQL UDF effecting the CL DLTPTF. The DSPPTF output and PTF APIs should be able to more directly deal with the *SERVICE and save file existence, rather than by inference from a list of what save files exist [¿and verified by their contents via List Save File (QSRLSAVF) API? or the Retrieve Program Temporary Fix Information (QPZRTVFX) API]. I used the indirect method, simply because I knew all of the save files would be newly created from my recent download request and thus identified very specifically a list of PTF identifiers that needed to be dealt with; i.e. I was not trying to deal with all PTF save files associated with *SERVICE, I was just wanting to deal with those fixes for which a save file was [most assuredly just] created by my recent download.

The following links were found searching InfoCenter on tokens:
cleanup fixes in *service

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzam8/rzam8fixsavefile.htm
IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> IBM i and related software -> Maintaining and managing IBM i and related software -> Using software fixes -> Fixes concepts and terms
_i Fix save files i_
"... Consider deleting your save files after... you no longer want to distribute the save file to another system. Use the Delete PTF (DLTPTF) command or the Management Central cleanup function. For instructions, see _Cleaning up fixes_
..."

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rzam8/rzam8fixcleanup1.htm
_i Cleaning up fixes i_
"... it might be time to delete your save files and cover letters for i5/OS® fixes.

Over time, save files and cover letters for fixes tend to accumulate. After you have permanently installed a fix and performed a SAVSYS operation, you might want to delete the fix save file and cover letter if you do not need to distribute it to another system and if you are satisfied that the fix is not defective. Once a fix has been permanently installed and the save file is deleted, all information about the fix except the status information is also deleted. By deleting the save file, you can make more room on your system for other files.

Parent topic: _Using software fixes_

_Deleting save files with iSeries Navigator_

iSeries® Navigator provides you with a way to delete save files and cover letters for fixes that are no longer needed. To clean up your save files and cover letters, follow these steps:

_Deleting save files with the DLTPTF command_