Chris,

We don't use IBM WAS, either 3rd party product or own solution.
Could we use a separate partition or a small Power 710 for the web server in the DMZ, what would be used as a connector, possibly DDM?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 10:58 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: iSeries public WEB access, PCI security issues

You should never put your application server or database server with direct access to the internet. You should have a web server that is located in your DMZ and has a connector to your inside application server.

PCI will demand that there is a firewall between the internet and any web server and another firewall/zone between the web server and any application server. We just received our PCI compliance rating for our sister company. If your application on the iSeries is written in WebSphere Application Server you can install a connector on any web server, IIS, Linux, and other flavors that are supported by IBM WAS and then open a hole in your firewall between the web server and your iSeries.

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services