If the guest partition and the host partition are on the same network
(which they must be if you want to assign an address to the adapter) then
you might be better using proxy ARP to assign an address to the guest.
https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzalm/rzalmtcpip.htm

Personally I have found the Ethernet Bridging a really useful solution. The
chief advantage is it allows me to use one PORT per multiport NIC for a
partition (or partitions) rather than having to assign an entire card.

I found the HEA a bit clunky but only used t a couple of times.