Part of the confusion is how the i handles rotation and page origin. In
AFP there are 2 page origins, one a graphical that is used for page
segments, overlays and GOCA objects and a text orientation that is used
for, well , text. When you describe a page as portrait or landscape the
graphical origin is the top left corner along with the text. When you ask
the i to rotate only the text orientation moves. So remember when placing
page segs and overlays, the origin stays at the default. You can get
around this by using a form def, but most don't have PPFA to create form
defs. The simplest way is to describe the page as portrait or landscape
and avoid rotations. You can then create your overlays or page segs in the
same orientation that will be used to print them and things get a bit
simpler.

Since you did a PAGRTT(90) on your default portrait page, you moved the
text origin and direction as expected to landscape.
This did not change the graphic origin and direction. It is still where it
started in the portrait location.
So to print the now obsolete PSEG1(default sample page seg, aka the
AS/400 pencil) on the top left corner of your PAGRTT(90), it would be Down
9.5 inches and Across 7.75 Rotate 90.

This split origin will give you fits, before you start rotating the page
segment.

If your job is landscape, try describing a landscape page and you can
avoid rotating text and page segs.
PAGESIZE(8.5 11 *UOM) , for letter UOM(*INCH) and remove the PAGRTT(90)

Bill Scott
Advisor, Solutions Engineering
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
5600 Broken Sound Blvd. Boca Raton, FL 33487
www.csa.canon.com
wscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
T 561.997.3256 C 561-703-0754