From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Marion
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:01 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Socket Listener Delay Issue

First, thank you for your response. I was unaware that there was a hidden
key to group the threads in the header of the emails. (sorry, I am an old
s/34 programmer, I typically do not use the Nom-du-jour of the 400)

I'll try to publish the additional information the next time it happens. I
will talk these changes over with the management to schedule when we can
implement them. Not allowed to touch the production box until every change
is thoroughly tested and I think changing the subsystem to use its own pool
requires a subsystem shutdown/restart which we cannot do but once a week, so
it may be a couple weeks? These listener programs are in use 27/7. (but
this issue is becoming a work stoppage issue so it might get a higher
priority) I'll ask if we can do it during the day as it will only be a
down for 10 seconds tops and will only effect the programs for these
devices.