Dear Colleagues
I'm encountering troubles in connecting with interactive SQL on V5R4 to a DB2 9.7 running on a linux box.
Such a db has been defined as an external db.
The problem arises probably caused by the different CCSID on the two machines, fixed at 65535 (?) on system i and set UTF-8 - 1208 at the creation time of the db on the external db server.
I would like to understand how to change CCSID on system i not as general configuration change but just for the current db2 session only.
Could you please indicate to me any suggestion about the criteria I have to follow ?
Please not that the CHGJOB command does not show the 1208 value in the list of allowed CCSID.
Therefore it seems that my customer has a system configuration problem. Any idea how to fix it ?

Thank you very much for the cooperation.
Best regards.
carlo lunghi