And to clarify further, the /verb/ [action] mnemonic that defines the command is the word "Create" [i.e. the CRT of CRTDUPOBJ], for which *intuitively* a _new_ object is the effect, as duplicated from the _old_ object, and thus the new object will have its own "create date". As well, a new object intuitively has no indication of a "last used date".

Unlike some other Operating Systems which lack integrity with regard to maintaining the equivalent attributes of their representation of an /object/ , the IBM i architecturally implements /objects/ and ensures those attributes are established and maintained accordingly. So the complaint against that integrity being maintained by the OS is misplaced. A more appropriately directed complaint is that the IBM i OS does not provide very much, arguably insufficient user-defined attribute-storage, to enable storing user-controlled [variants of those] attributes aside from those attributes being properly\logically maintained by the OS. A CMS has, outside of the compiler and PTF\APAR information, little more than the "Object control level" portion of the Service OIR.

I would have suggested to use Move Object (MOVOBJ), but even that is, architecturally, considered a /change/ to the object.... because the owning context has been "changed" with that request.

But considering the requirement apparently is merely "to retain the
last-used date" of the old\existing objects, as others have suggested, extract that information from those and store it for later reference [e.g. DSPOBJD to an output file]. Or just retain those objects in the old library, from which a later reference can be made to extract\retrieve those details when required; e.g. RTVOBJD.

p.s. I have never seen any ruddy libraries ;-)

Regards, Chuck