When you looked at the mapped results, are they correct up through some
field?

I'd guess the variable length field is posing the problem...

I believe DSPJRN outputs a true variable length value. You can confirm by
looking at the raw data and/or the length of each entry.

RPG on the other hand, would allocate the max size in the DS you are
attempting to read into.

How are you doing your mapping? Are you trying to copy JOESD directly to
the DS? I don't think that will work. I think you'll need to process
JOESD byte by byte (or maybe field by field...)

Have you taken a look at some of the existing utilities? Here's one (
EXPJRNE):
http://www.tools400.de/English/Freeware/Utilities/utilities.html

Charles

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Mike Cunningham