You are mixing console types.
You currently have serial "direct attach" console configured.
You must go into DST from the current console and configure the LAN
adapter, IP address, Console device and etc for Lan Console. Finally,
change the console type and it should work. It's not really complicated but
it can be bothersome.
Ignore the "ip adress" that was on the serial connection, that is NOT a lan
connection. Its a weird TCP over Serial thing, so weird that it was
deprecated on windows vista and you cant use it anymore.
If you still have the direct attach console working, do a B-M type IPL and
change the console from there. IBM's infocenter has lots of info on how to
set up LAN Console when another one is working. Make sure you either have a
second network card on the pc that will be lan console or you select an IP
address from your local lan's pool (no dhcp AFAIK).

Best Regards