How about STRWCH / WRKWCH?

Lets you trap MSGs and execute your own logic
I use it to track night time (day time as well) batch jobs
and send e-mail / SMS to the person(s) in charge of these jobs

Gad

date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:22:49 -0400
from: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Old Alerts ?

I have some systems that are still using this, wanted do see what is a
solid replacement product or feature for this today, watch sessions, 3rd
party tool, etc.