On 12 Jul 2013 11:52, Eric Lehti wrote:
Have you learned by IBM cloaked system objects with invisibility, so
that we cannot display or browse system objects?

I am unsure what was the point of that post, but I can suggest that the computing term "implementation" [as in "implementation-specific" details of the OS code] is apropos. And FWiW:

In general the "system objects" are protected by their designation as being "system domain" storage, not simply by obscurity. Even many object that would be considered "user objects" are similarly protected. The alluded "cloaked" or "invisibility" is less about prevention of display\browse than it is about accidental or malicious deletion, and avoids cluttering the system from the perspective of the "users" [mostly the programmers and administrators].

With regard to clutter, the "external object types" [*FILE, *PGM, et al] are visible via the normal and typical UI, e.g. WRKOBJ, DSPLIB, et al will show objects of those types, but many other objects which exist [perhaps only as transitory] are arguably better maintained as "internal object types" that are not visible via those standard User Interfaces. That is because a "User" should not become confounded by the [possibly ephemeral] existence of some objects that might appear and\or disappear without some obvious action taken on their part. Thus if a user does not know such objects are there, because they are not presented, then they can not get confused by /seeing/ them.

And because there is a distinction in the type\subtype for "external" vs "internal", there is also the possibility for optimization for interfaces specific to either separately. For example, a request to list only external object types would not have to wade through or omit all of the internal object types, thus making for better performance; just as with how a user of an external object list-interface would not have to page past all of the internal objects for which no supported methods likely even exist for acting on those objects.

<<SNIP>>
Or to print a single user ELEHT, try:
DMPSYSOBJ OBJ(ISQLSTELEHT*) CONTEXT(QRECOVERY) TYPE(19) SUBTYPE(EE)
<<SNIP>>

That would only list "ST" space objects [some "xx" are optional; i.e. may not exist], and would include *every user with the prefix* of the un-delimited "ELEHT". To limit the request to only the "ST" naming of the "ISQL" session objects [i.e. the STatement space objects], for *only* "a single user ELEHT", issue the request such that the portion of the object name [OBJ parameter] with the UsrPrf name [positions 7 to 16] is padded with blanks to the full ten positions:

DMPSYSOBJ 'ISQLSTELEHT *' QRECOVERY TYPE(19) SUBTYPE(EE)
········· '....+....1....+.*' <-- asterisks should align; the midrange archives will likely lose the spaces, treating them as needless white-space, but the archived copy on gmane should not.

Note: AFaIK only the "EN" [the ENvironment] space objects definitively exist for every session. That is, a session could exist with no statements, and therefore possibly no "ST" space object would exist. That is why when explaining to locate /sessions/ I alluded only to the spaces with the "EN" [ISQLEN prefix] naming: