Some references indicate that the DCM was written in Net.Data, not Java.

http://archive.midrange.com/web400/200508/msg00067.html

The default Admin instance is configured for port 2001, not 2100.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jerry Draper <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2013 4:08 PM
Subject: SSL cert out of sync

  Customer lost a system running at 99.9% utilization (V5R2) and a full
  system reload was required.

  No one on staff knows anything about this machine.  No passwords, no
  backup, nothing.  Just wishes and prayers.

  Since its a mothballed system used only for inquiry into old history no
  value was placed on the machine until it crashed.

  We got the system reloaded but they us Client Access with SSL enabled and
  the SSL cert (probably self signed) is not in sync and so CA won't load.

  To get them going we switched to telnet (port 23) as no one could think of
  why they needed SSL anyway.  So now the system in usable.

  We tried getting the *ADMIN instance of the *HTTP server going so we could
  run the DCM on port :2100 but it won't start because the Java LPP is
  missing.  OK.  I can handle that but......how did they get the SSL cert in
  there in the first place?

  Could they have created it on a previous version of iOS that did not
  require Java?

  Any ideas?

  Jerry