On 6/26/2013 9:14 AM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
I want to merge the data from 2 PF but having the same field names in the
new file.

file1

ITEM1
ITEM2
ITEM3
OTHER1

FIle2

ITEEM1
ITEEM2
ITEEM3
OTHER1

NEW FILE:

ITEM1
ITEM1 (*** was called ITEEM1)
ITEM2
ITEM2 (** Was called ITEEM2)
ITEM3
ITEM3 (** WAS called ITEEM3)
OTHER1
OTHER1

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/25/2013 4:32 PM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
Scott, thanks I can try that, but won't it just give me all the records?
I am wanting to sort of rename fields to be 1 name.

It would be easier if you posted your DDS, some example data and the end
result that you want to achieve.
--buck

So here's the problem. It's really hard to understand what you're
asking for. Beginners don't use our vocabulary yet, and we understand
that. So I asked for your DDS. DDS stands for Data Description
Specifications, and it is the language that traditional files are
specified. It has the letter A in column 6, and it looks like this:

A R WAREHSE
A ITEM 5S 0
A DESCRIP 30
A AISLE 10
A K ITEM

A R WHSEB
A PROD 5S 0
A DESC 30
A LOCATION 10
A K PROD

I asked for the DDS because we could then use that DDS to understand the
layout of the original files you are working with, and even re-create
the files on our systems in an attempt to help you.

I asked for a sample of the data, because without use cases, it is very
difficult to discuss all the various hypothetical, possible answers.
Such a sample can be had by running a query.

I asked for the end result you wanted to achieve. Perhaps I was too
vague. I assumed (and you know how that goes!) that after having asked
for very specific things in the same sentence, my desire for something
specific would have been apparent. Let me be very clear. I want some
specific examples of the exact data you want as the end result. DDS AND
data would be everything I could hope for. Such a result can be created
by you editing DDS source and putting in what you want to have when
you're all done. And then cut/paste the queries of the original data
into the layout you just created. This way we can all see what you
currently have and what you want to turn it into.

Please try again.
--buck