I did not catch that you were referring to 'default current timestamp' vs
'row change timestamp'. Gad would reply with how my sample program proved
that row change timestamp worked great and was unaffected by rpg; and you
would reply with
<snip>
As to updating the record, if you use the PF, this is what I would expect
- you will have read the timestamp into the buffer, so it is there when
you update the record.

Someone else mentioned using a logical for this - that logical would have
to have all the fields and not include the timestamp. Then it should get
updated.
</snip>
Now, how would I determine that you were speaking about row change
timestamp vs with default current timestamp?
The above really sounds like with default current timestamp to me.