Hi,

Does anyone know what it means when the Index Advisor shows "Source for
statistics" as the Reason Advised?
There is a job running on a very low level that permanently gathers
information about the data composition (for example how many rows have a
specific key value) within your tables and stores these information as
statistics (Statics were introduced with V5R2 with SQE).
When executing SQL statement the statistics are interviewed to find the best
access path.
The adviced index will help the statistics gathering job for gathering the
data faster, i.e. keeping the statistics up to date.

..... is there an easy way to find indexes that exist but are not used
very often?
IBM i Navigator --> Database --> Schemas --> Schema --> Index
There are different columns: Last Query Use, Query Use Count, Last
Statistics Use, Statistics Use Count (called INDEX EVALUATOR)
That provide information when and how often an index is used in composition
with SQL.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)