From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Anderson, Kurt
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 10:27 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: SQL Filling Job Log

I'm working on a project where I'm introducing more embedded SQL into the heart of our system. When we test our programs that may write out millions of records, we run them with STRDBG on so we don't accidentally update production. The unfortunate side effect is that the test runs a lot longer than it needs to because it's filling up the job log with SQL messages.

A message in the archives from Gary Thompson suggested using QAQQINI to override MESSAGES_DEBUG to *No. Tried that to no effect. Turns out *Default = *No and the purpose of MESSAGES_DEBUG is to obtain SQL information in the job log 'as if' STRDBG was on.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzajq%2Frzajqqaqqiniproc.htm

Does anyone have any recommendations for a way to suppress these messages?

I'm at IBM i 7.1

Thanks,

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst at CustomCall Data Systems
phone: +1 608 274 3009
web: www.customcall.com<http://www.customcall.com/> | email: kanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:kanderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

A Division of Enghouse Systems Ltd.<http://www.enghouse.com/> (TSX:ESL)