On 05 Jun 2013 05:50, Vernon Hamberg wrote:
On 6/5/2013 7:25 AM, Mike Cunningham wrote:

How would one set a QAQQINI table to be used by ONLY incoming
ODBC requests for one specific user coming from one external web
server using one database schema (aka library)?

Ah, interesting question - I wonder if the ODBC exit could handle
this?

Yes. The QIBM_QZDA_INIT exit point.
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/a9b1a92c9292c2818625773800456abc/b960dbf7799586ff86256c6b006d6244?OpenDocument
IBM Software Technical Document: 28625314
Document Title: Pointing to a Single Job Using the Optimized Database Host Server to a Specific QAQQINI File

I was also wondering if an ODBC connection string can specify a
QAQQINI

Yes.

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Connecting to your system -> IBM i Access -> IBM i Access for Windows -> Programming -> IBM i Access for Windows: Database programming -> IBM i Access ODBC -> Implementation issues of ODBC APIs -> Connection string keywords
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzaik/rzaikconnstrkeywordsdiagprop.htm
_i Connection string keywords - Diagnostic properties i_
"Use these IBM® i Access ODBC driver connection string keywords to change Diagnostic properties of the ODBC connection.

The following table lists connection string keywords for Diagnostic properties that are recognized by the IBM i Access ODBC driver:

Table 1. IBM i Access ODBC connection string keywords for Diagnostic properties

Keyword: QAQQINILIB or QAQQINILibrary
Description: Specifies a query options file library. When a query options file library is specified the driver will issue the command CHGQRYA passing the library name for the QRYOPTLIB parameter. The command is issued immediately after the connection is established. This option should only be used when debugging problems or when recommended by support as enabling it will adversely affect performance.
Choices: Query options file library [name]
Default: None
..."

- seems the JDBC set up in Navigator has this kind of thing,
although I've never quite got it to work.

IIRC there was a "properties" option somewhere under Database; systems\connections.? Of course the user has to have the necessary authorities; e.g. as I recall, the SpcAut *JOBCTL was required, but an alternate means of "permission" was made available... OK I looked it up:
IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> Database -> Administration -> Security
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzahf/rzahfauthopt.htm
_i Authority Options for SQL Analysis and Tuning i_
"...
A new function usage group called QIBM_DB has been created with two function IDs in the QIBM_DB group:

1. QIBM_DB_SQLADM (IBM i Database Administrator tasks)
2. QIBM_DB_SYSMON (IBM i Database Information tasks)
Change Function Usage (CHGFCNUSG) command ...
..."

Also see the following for effecting a Change Query Attributes (CHGQRYA) for the Run SQL feature of iNav Database:

http://iprodeveloper.com/database/exploiting-sql-query-engine
"...
There are multiple ways within System i Navigator to create and use the QAQQINI file. One approach is to expand the Databases navigation option and right-click the target Database to display a pop-up menu that contains the Change Query Attributes option (Figure 2).
http://iprodeveloper.com/artarchiveimages/2006/sept/20648-fig2.gif

You can also perform the Change Query Attributes function from within a Run SQL Scripts window. In this case, the DBA selects the Change Query Attributes option from the Options pull-down menu (Figure 3).
http://iprodeveloper.com/artarchiveimages/2006/sept/20648-fig3.gif
..."