From: Sam_L <lennon_s_j@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/04/2013 03:40 PM
Subject: Cost of Activating Second Processor

We have a Power 6, M25. P10 Group. V7R1. One processor is activated.

Asked the Business Partner the cost of activating the second processor
and they said:

"Cost for the 2nd processor and OS License would be $17K but also makes
your SWMA charge double."

Does that sound reasonable? (We need to license OS/400 again for the
2nd processor? SWMA doubles because we'd be in a new group?)

I'm not sure a second processor will have much impact. Most of our
activity is RPG & SQL based with some .NET access, and day end is nearly
all single threaded.

Can we turn the second processor on for free for a week or a month to
see the impact?

Thanks,

Sam