I have a client with two v6r1 System i boxes. On each system, the client is running software which has created IFS objects in folder /images.

On each, I'm running this command:

CPY OBJ('/IMAGES/010108/0001/AAAAGBOU.*') TODIR('/home/idocket')

On System1, it works without problem. On System2, I get the following error:

CPFA0A2 - Information passed to this operation was not valid.

Digging into a bit and using DSPAUT on each system, I see the following:

Display Authority (System1)

Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /images
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DIR
Owner . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSECOFR
Primary group . . . . . . . . : *NOUSRPRF
Authorization list . . . . . . : *NONE

Data --Object Authorities--
User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
QSECOFR *RWX X X X X
*NOUSRPRF *RWX X X X X
*PUBLIC *RWX X X X X

Display Authority (System2)

Object . . . . . . . . . . . . : /images
Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DIR
Owner . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NOUSRPRF
Primary group . . . . . . . . : *NOUSRPRF
Authorization list . . . . . . : *NONE

Data --Object Authorities--
User Authority Exist Mgt Alter Ref
*NOUSRPRF *RWX X X X X
*NOUSRPRF *RWX X X X X
*PUBLIC *RWX X X X X

The only difference that I see (so far) is that the Owner for the '/images' directory is QSECOFR on System1, but on System2 it is shown as *NOUSRPRF.

I've contacted tech support at the software vendor about it, asking if that might be the problem. Their response: "Don't know. Good luck."

So... could the owner being set at *NOUSRPRF be what is preventing me from performing the "CPY" command? If so, how do I get around it, other than changing object owner?

TomH