IMO the easiest and best means to effect spooled output of the Standard Output that is produced by a request [or requests] to be run in the Qshell, is to have issued prior to the shell request, an override of the name STDOUT to the desired Printer File; e.g. to have made the request: OVRPRTF STDOUT TOFILE(QSYSPRT). Note: When using QPRINT instead, then explicitly TOFILE(QGPL/QPRINT) because QGPL may not be in the library list; the QSYSPRT, being in QSYS, is always in the library list.

Using this method, the spooled file is owned to the job making the QSH request, rather than being owned by the spawned job. If the spooled file is not owned by the job requesting the QSH, then follow-on actions such as changing (CHGSPLFA), sending [e.g. SNDTCPSPLF], or deleting (DLTSPLF) the spool file is not so nice and simple. And the API to get the last spool file created in the job can not be of much assistance, if the spooled file was created in a spawned job.

As to possible source of confusion... if the above was not what was intended.? Perhaps recalling that the FTP PUT or GET could direct stream data [text\record or binary data] to a Printer [device] File.? Redirection is apparently not so keen on allowing that. Or perhaps just recalling the use of Rfile to write the data to a Printer File, but without the -Q option, thus allowing IFS naming for the Printer File? And likely the reference to QPRINT was a simple mistake about in which library the object resides, or the intended file name was QSYSPRT, which is in QSYS.

Regards, Chuck