On 24 May 2013 10:16, Crystal Reports wrote:
I started to use the WRKLNK. It asks for Object and Object type.

Press F1=Help to obtain a description of those parameters OBJ() and OBJTYPE(). And pressing F4=Prompt on each will show any special values that are allowed, that are not explicitly described in the help. The OBJTYPE() parameter has the most conspicuous value for the ability to name a symbolic object type of the /QSYS.LIB file system, for which the OBJTYPE() parameter is somewhat pervasive; i.e. when the OBJ() refers to something in the /QSYS.LIB file system, then the OBJTYPE(*SymType) specification [e.g. OBJTYPE(*USRSPC) to denote a User Space with its symbolic type name of "*USRSPC"] would refine the selection of the OBJ() parameter to include only those matching that symbolic object type.

If I want to make a view as we have been discussing, what do I
enter for these? I am trying to create a view that the Crystal
reports will access.

Use any SQL interface. Any SQL interface can be used to issue the SQL statement: CREATE VIEW. STRSQL is an interactive utility to enter SQL statements; STRQM can be used similarly. Those both require that the 57xxST1 product is installed. But per mention in another reply about a 5250 interface to do so, then type on a command line the CL command STRSQL and then press Enter or press PF4 and then Enter to review what are the parameter specifications for starting a new session. Within that interactive SQL session is a statement prompter environment, somewhat like the command prompter environment provided by the CL command-line.

Otherwise there are a number of other interfaces to the SQL via /source/ members or even from some client [e.g. PC] applications, for which no other product other than the OS is required. The iNav database feature allows typing statements or running scripts. RUNSQLSTM is a typical interface from source for DDL scripts. I often use REXX as my interface to the SQL, and the interface to REXX is via source, invoked by STRREXPRC. There is also a DB2 interface via QSH for which either a statement or a script can be processed. The QMQRY provides a source interface, but also with some variable support enabling an SQL statement to be very dynamic in how it is formed. The newest release has a RUNSQL command as an interface to the SQL for a specific statement.